Does this seem like a decent light for a F.O.W.L.R/soft corals?

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
yes. Its a great light with all the right stuff lol. I actually use this light right now on my 65 gallon and im keeping a wide range of corals. The only thing i dont like about them is they run very hot, which may or may not cause a heat problem for you tank.

Oldmano

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Canada
I see, what could I do to compensate for all the heat? Thanks by the way for all the questions you've answered for me, sorry if I ask too many but I'm just getting into marine aquariums and unsurprisingly have tons of them.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
you could suspend it over the tank a few inches.. that'd keep some heat off or you could run a fan near/on the tank... you'd have to keep up more with top offs from evap.. but hey... cost of doing business.

are those t5's or PCs?

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
BIGgourami;1716173; said:
you could suspend it over the tank a few inches.. that'd keep some heat off or you could run a fan near/on the tank... you'd have to keep up more with top offs from evap.. but hey... cost of doing business.

are those t5's or PCs?

Power compacts...

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
yes deff PC's. I purchased the stands for them, and for like 8 bucks there not a bad idea at all. Something to consider. Little light fans are good but i hate adding things i shouldn't need lol, if that makes any sense.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store