3M Color Quartz. Where did you buy it?

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
I have recently been looking into buying some Color Quartz for a new tank of mine and have not been able to find any locally. So I am wondering where you guy who have it have bought it. It does not matter where you are from I am just trying to get an idea of who else to contact about getting some. I have allready called a few pool companies and they gave me the old "oh we don't have it but so and so might" so I got the run around. And i tried there website looking for retailers and it only gave me a dealer thats like 3 hours away from me, and I am not driving that far for 100Lbs. of sand lol.

So where did you get yours?

Pool supply store....
Masonry store....
Lowes, home depot....
Had some shipped (how much was shipping/ how many lbs.)....
Other(plz list)....

As said above it does not matter where you are as long as you have some where did you get it? Also I am looking for black sand that is why I need the Color Quartz. I have found no other black sand only natural.

Any help would be great..... and if you know of any good black sand thats not Color Quartz plz list that too so I can look into it.

Thanks ahead of time guys/gals.:D

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
The only place that carries it within 100 miles of me only sell b2b and wont sell me any.I got some from a friend that got it at a pool supply near him.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
I have also been looking for black sand. Its odd that none of the aquarium companies sell it, other than the Tahitian moon sand which is basically dust from what I've heard.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
I also wound up getting a serious runaround when I tried to run some down last year sometime. for being such a monster company, you'd think 3M would make their products mroe available.

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
deeda;1723733; said:
I bought mine here for $21 per 50lb bag 3 yrs ago. http://www.ntruddock.com/.

What section of Ohio are you in?
I got it from them also and picked it up from a local (to me) warehouse.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store