River Tanks.

CoryWM

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Everett, Washington
www.tankgeek.com
Posting this for the guys who havent seen it.

http://www.loaches.com/articles/a-river-runs-through-it

I'm setting out to build this type of tank. although slightly different. With my L shaped tank. May have to use additional powerheads at the turn, or from the guy who designed the system in 1998, use a piece of slate to redirect the flow.

unstopable4700

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
indiana
i have thought of doing a similar thing. but my idea was to use a pond style rectangle filter box on a canister in one end and a spray bar at the other. but my thing is tryin to make it presentable. i do like the idea of directional flow to recreate natuaral biotypes

CoryWM

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Everett, Washington
www.tankgeek.com
unstopable4700;1728537; said:
i have thought of doing a similar thing. but my idea was to use a pond style rectangle filter box on a canister in one end and a spray bar at the other. but my thing is tryin to make it presentable. i do like the idea of directional flow to recreate natuaral biotypes
I do agree with the presentable thing.. I'm trying to think how I can cover up the 4 powerheads at one end, and 4 sponges at the other at the moment.

unstopable4700

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
indiana
i have been thinkin that maybe overflow lookin box around filter? but i have intended to run a spray bar at the other end so that wont be so bad.

CoryWM

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2008
Everett, Washington
www.tankgeek.com
unstopable4700;1728617; said:
i have been thinkin that maybe overflow lookin box around filter? but i have intended to run a spray bar at the other end so that wont be so bad.

I'm putting two eheim filters on my tank, with spray bars, gonna be helping the flow. at the top of the tank. I was also thinking of a overflow type box. Was thinking of constructing something out of slate too. Something to just make it not as noticeable. Maybe I'll get super creative and make something outa styrafoam and cement... but i've never done that before.

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
ya i always wanted one

unstopable4700

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
indiana
if its acrylic you could just put a few bulkheads w/ screens at the end of the river:nilly:plumed to your canisters. would look pretty clean and work weel but would suck if you ever changed you plans

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store