What do you guys think of these tank items

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
the T-5 is a basic setup, not HO or VHO and will not have a wide range of corals. Will do most softies okay but high in the tank.

skilters are fine for a smaller system (i.e. 20 gallons or less) but they will not pull out a ton of crud from the skimmer. Work well but not the most efficient of options for you.

HOB refugiums are good but need to paired carefully in order to get good efficiency with it. It will be determined for whatever size tank you want. If its sized well then you will have low to no algae growth in the tank.

Fishyfan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2006
CA
Don't waste your money on the skilter, i had one and it never produced any skimmate...

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
Lights will increase by wattage the larger the tank gets. Make sure there a g-5 HO or VHO unit though, or you will not get that great of growth in corals. I would consider using the same lights. Sump and skimmer would be a good filter and you could plumb in or use a larger HOB fuge as well.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
how about an aquaclear turned into a fuge. Thats a very common practice and works pretty well. something to consider.

cichlidman1888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Mansfield , Ohio
I bought a slilter filter for my little 10 gallon and it even sucked for it .. i wouldnt waste ure money. I would go ahead and spend the extra money and buy a nice skimmer. I had to !!! soo now i have a skilter sitting in a box and a skimmer on the tank!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store