Compatibility?

highroller7491

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
NJ
Hi i was having a problem with my lunare wrasee(which was sold to me under the impression it was a cleaner wrasse) and it happened to eat/kill my snails, cleaner shrimp and my 6 lined wrasse, i noticed a significant amount of tearing on my blue spotted gobies fins ( but the two are about the same size) and was wondering if the lunare wrasse and the goby should be seperated?
a quick answer would be amazing to prevent the loss of my fish
thanks!

jordanlewis100

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2006
Kent,UK
i would separate them as these wrasse are always searching for food and will try anything once also they are quite territorial towards other new fish,they make a good addition to the right tank though i would keep them with one of the more peaceful triggers,puffers,large angels,tangs etc

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
I would separate them as well and then sell it back to the store or something. Unless your tank is large enough for predators, then it does not sound like you will have much as for reef safe fish with him.

highroller7491

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
NJ
thanks that was helpful, i ended up talking the wrasse back and i got a snowflake eel as a new addition to my tank!

highroller7491

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
NJ
uh the one i put the eel in is 30 g but its only a baby(4 -5 inch), im in the process of turning my 75 gallons into a saltwater tank and also eventually 125g+ when i move into my new house.

another random question i have is does anyone know if a black ghost knife is considered a scaleless fish?

Reefscape

All Gr8KarmaSF's fault....
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2007
Staffordshire UK
highroller7491;1744585; said:
uh the one i put the eel in is 30 g but its only a baby(4 -5 inch), im in the process of turning my 75 gallons into a saltwater tank and also eventually 125g+ when i move into my new house.

another random question i have is does anyone know if a black ghost knife is considered a scaleless fish?

BGN are a skinned armoured fish, so, yes, effectivly scaleless...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store