Help with Magnums

Hot Slime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
In a Smuckers jar.
Well I decieded to take my magnum out from under my house to be used on my tank. I hate cleaning the micron cartriges every week and I dont like putting carbon in the carbon media containers. I was thinking of putting ceramic rings but the last time I did this my magnum started making alot of noise and didnt pump out much water. I think it might have been the dust from the rings that caused this? Well after using the "search" button Ive read somewere that you can take the center piece of the micron catridge and fill the entire outside of the center piece with ceramic rings. Ive tried this and my certer piece from the micron cartridge dosent fit:confused: its too short. Did anyone try this with there magnums? was your center piece short or did it fit?

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
808living;1748330; said:
Nvm all I solved my own confusing problem.
How'd you solve it?

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
Nice. I'm getting a used Magnum this weekend, might do the same as you with the ceramic rings.

Hot Slime

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
In a Smuckers jar.
I see, watch out with the ceramic rings though. Some of the larger pieces of dust got into the impellor area and the impellor got damaged. Try using the media bags, should help.

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
oh nevermind, it was a joke referring to the other uses of the word magnums. Just trying to add some humor to everyones day!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store