Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Enjoy!
:popcorn:

[YT]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmjP_td2qCE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tmjP_td2qCE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/YT]

Militis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2008
Magic Place Of Wonders And Delights
Wow thanks alot that helps me i was thinking of doing this this does help but also confuses me so many rocks :nilly: hmmm what is the smallest reef tank you can have?.

Thanks

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
Militis;1756296; said:
Wow thanks alot that helps me i was thinking of doing this this does help but also confuses me so many rocks :nilly: hmmm what is the smallest reef tank you can have?.

Thanks
as large as the corals? there's no limit technically, i saw a guy with like a quart of water and some zoos and a hermit...

GR8 link, that's some nice rock :thumbsup:

only thing i would change is add the sand BEFORE the water, lol and just keep the hydrometer submerged it's easier to read

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Won't leaving it in the water give you an inacurate reading since they have a specific fill level? Also it is hard to get the thing level when you are holding it. Plus using a spectrometer is a whole lot more accurate especially if you are dealing with a nano you need to be finicky. Just my two cents.

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
in a nano, where you dont have that much rock built up, i don't see why you can't add the sand first. i dont know about a fill level for hydrometers, unless you mean getting the water to at least the whole range-space. lol. but it seems like it would work okay in or out of the water. i loved the flat triangular piece of LR, such a waste, plopping it flat on the sandbed.

fishoverlivingspace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Madison, WI
Looks like a nice set-up, but one powerhead?!

I think it's fine to add sand after water, but what i do is submerge the whole bag and cut the bag open underwater, allowing water to seep into the bag, rather than forcing the sand to go from the top to the bottom of the tank by dumping it in. It makes the water a lot less cloudy if you just cut the bag once its underwater, then once the bag is full of water cut it in such a way that you can just pull the bag out and the sand stays there.. works great.

princess

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2007
England
seen that loads because i'm good and did 1 years reserch before i actually did it lol!

to bad i have a memory like a ......fish lol

* leaving hydrometer in water is not a good plan!

i always take out place it on an even surface and then read. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store