$20 EHEIM professionel canister filter Deal

djlancer88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Syracuse NY
Just got back from one of my LFS and picked up a in the box barely used eheim canister filter. IMO its a spankin deal compared to what a payed for a rena xp2, lol. And im sure eheim is a better quality. He said he picked it up from a lady and was missing a couple pieces(tubing)Idk it looks to me there all there, lol. It came with a bag of eheim filter media with a price tag of $60!!! And the two trays are stuffed with it. And a prefilter that iv never seen before, pretty spiffy a.

I have a question. Im not familiar with eheim's. So how do i prime one of these? and anything i should know about them? Theres also a tube of vaseline that came with it whats that for? Basically can someone give me the details on them, thanks

Specs:
up to 92 gallons
251gph, not bad for a little tank i might set up.

Full Metal Gundam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
Outer Rings 187
the round section on the cover try pushing it down if I'am notmistaken that's how you prime the filter. vaseline is for the hoses so it slips over the connections easier just dip the hoses in boiling hot water and it should expand so it will be easier to slip over. don't use the vaseline.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
pounder808;1756640; said:
the round section on the cover try pushing it down if I'am notmistaken that's how you prime the filter. vaseline is for the hoses so it slips over the connections easier just dip the hoses in boiling hot water and it should expand so it will be easier to slip over. don't use the vaseline.
Not on this model(2226) the newer pro IIs have the built in pump this one does not. You need to fill the tubes completely with water before plugging into the filter. With the tubes full when you clip in and open the valves the water will siphon and fill the canister. Once the canister is full, plug it in.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
damn dude thats an insane deal

looks like you have 2 different size tubes not sure but i think you need 2 of the thicker tubes for the out going and return line (for the 2 holes on the top of it where the water goes in and out ) if the small hose and big hose both fit then looks like you got every thing

djlancer88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Syracuse NY
The return line and the intake line are 2 different sizes, I do have the spray bar it just wasnt in the picture, lol thanks guys. Im glad someone thinks its a good deal, lol!!! psh its AN AWESOME DEAL, im excited, and a little pissed i spent 180$ on a rena, lol i only paid 50 for my w/d sump.

japes

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
It is an awesome deal. Do you have the double sided taps? If so, put them on just beside the filter with like a 5" length to connect it to the canister, and get water in both lines by starting a siphon, then turn off the taps.

Do this for both lines, make sure everything is watertight, then open all taps, wait 10 seconds, turn on.

Should start going.

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
The double sided taps are built into the top which includes a lever that allows you to quick disconnect the hoses so you can leave the hoses in place (and primed) yet remove the canister away to the sink. MAKE SURE you turn the taps off before opening the canister clips :)

fshfanatic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
Arizona
pounder808;1756640; said:
vaseline is for the hoses so it slips over the connections easier just dip the hoses in boiling hot water and it should expand so it will be easier to slip over. don't use the vaseline.
Wrong. The lubricant is for the o-ring.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store