Pics and questrions

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
hey all i just collected a heap of corals today and fish heres some pics and some questions

fist one is spot the fish

can u id this blenny/ goby

and also id theese corals and which ones are hard to keep. also how do i make them attach to the rock

and lastly is this starfish evil or good?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
the star looks like a burgundy=good
the only corals that i know what are is that gorgonian (reddish stick looking one) can be hard depending on what kinds it is, they need pretty fast flow and lots of feedings of phytoplankton..
the one with the little tiny fluffy things on top in the second to last picture looks like a toadstool, pretty easy
the corals will eventually attach themselves.. when depends on a lot of things...

the fish i will guess is in the very center of the pic, can't id though :(

Predator 1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2008
East London. England.
Unfortunately Amehel0, Austrailian inverts and fish are rarely, if ever, seen here in the UK, so it is allmost immpossible for me to assisst you with ID of your wonderful stock. Your system is comming along nicely though.

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Softer corals look like leathers of some type. Stoney might be a montipora spp????

Define "collected some coral" today? I assume you mean purchased them??

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
nope i mean went down to the beach and got some coral :) nd a snowflake eel and 3 blennies and 2 other fish im going to asssume are therapon jarbua and snails and hermit crabs and 2 macro algaes and some lr and ls

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store