Cant think of a title, read description

Stingray12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Saranac Lake, NY
I just found out today, that my prevous plans on a big freshwater stingray tank can't happen to due weight limits on my downstairs floor. Its concrete but theres pipes in between I guess. Since I cant due that I want to do sometype of aggressive saltwater. I always think of doing a shark but that limits a lot of different tankmates.

Now heres my question: Can you guys post some full tank shots of what you have in your aggresive saltwater tanks and list the tankmates please?

Also any very interesting fish?

PS. The tank I could get can only go up to 240 gallons.

Stingray12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2007
Saranac Lake, NY
I dont know if I want a shark but a coral catshark.

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
yeah. considering the weight of saltwater, plus all the live rock, your marine aquarium might end up weighing as much, maybe even more than a fresh ray pond.
the coral catshark is a good choice for the home aquarium, and i'd say your tank is just around the minimum for one of these sharks. if you want an aggressive salt tank, having a benthic shark really does limit tankmates: no lions, puffers, triggers, angels.
as for interesting fish... i love harlequin tuskfish, and clown triggers. not a big fan of angels.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
sorry just one last time why no lions in with sharks? not like when they bite the bite into something? or is it the shark biting that's the problem?

serafino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
No lions because some people are scared of their shark getting poked and killed. Some people do keep lions in with them though. It all depends on how willing you are to risk keeping an relatively expensive shark in with something that can kill it. I have seen tanks where people keep them together. I would personally never do it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store