Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Redtailed Catfish flamenco-t's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Last Activity
    Today 3:46 PM
    Posts
    1,558

    Carrying a gun while traveling through Oklahoma, Missouri an Illinois.

    I will be driving through Oklahoma, Missouri and Illinois for a summer trip in July.

    I always carry my handgun for personal protection when I am traveling within the state of texas. State of texas does allow an individual to carry a loaded gun as long as they are concealed (glove compartment) when you are traveling from one city to another.

    I need to know wether the same law applies in Oklahoma, Missouri and Illinois.

    Does anyone know where I can find such info ?

    I am over 30 years old with no felony conviction (no conviction for that matter)

    thanks

    Stan
    RIP Joey: R1_Ridah
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuck
    btw ... would you be interested in trading the 600 for my tank?
    Nah, I'll just get 2 - 180's





  2. #2
    Cobra Snakehead princess's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    England
    Last Activity
    08-22-2014 9:14 AM
    Posts
    1,054
    dunno lol drive to England and see what happens then
    Quote Originally Posted by neoprodigy;1130063;
    princess... you just too damn cute...



  3. #3
    Great Barracuda Mr Pleco's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,466
    start here:

    http://www.handgunlaw.us/

    http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/

    FYI -Illinois is probably the most anti gun state you'll be traveling too. Certain cities /counties in that state prohibit carrying or even owning a handgun.
    I guess they never heard of the constitution....GL



  4. #4
    Cobra Snakehead barley pop's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    IL
    Last Activity
    03-30-2013 11:33 PM
    Posts
    1,039
    DO NOT CARRY IN IL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    you will go to jail if they catch you

    the hand gun must be unloaded and in a case separate from the ammunition.


    i know..... IL SUCKS



  5. #5
    Cobra Snakehead Liam's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Liam
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisbane - Australia.
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by barley pop;1778415;
    DO NOT CARRY IN IL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    you will go to jail if they catch you

    the hand gun must be unloaded and in a case separate from the ammunition.


    i know..... IL SUCKS
    same as AUS
    Quote Originally Posted by headbanger_jib;2266118;
    wow you are such a ray of sunshine
    Mr. optimist Liam
    Quote Originally Posted by Danzig86;4371251;
    hehehehe i was guna say that on the members photo thread but i was worried you were guna shoot a bunch of tourists for it........



  6. #6
    Jack Dempsey MATTHEWS's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spring Texas
    Last Activity
    09-24-2013 1:45 PM
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by flamenco-t;1778304;
    I will be driving through Oklahoma, Missouri and Illinois for a summer trip in July.

    I always carry my handgun for personal protection when I am traveling within the state of texas. State of texas does allow an individual to carry a loaded gun as long as they are concealed (glove compartment) when you are traveling from one city to another.
    Do you have a Concealed Handgun License? That will allow you to be better protected as you will be able to carry on your person instead of only hidden in your car.
    As of December 2007 in the United States, only Illinois and Wisconsin are not allowing people to get them if they are qualified.



  7. #7
    Wels Catfish JD7.62's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    at the 'Bama Breeze
    Last Activity
    10-20-2014 9:15 PM
    Posts
    5,426
    check packing.org I have not been there in a while and last I heard it was shutting down, but it was a good and informative site!

    Come to KY. You can carry concealed in your car with out a liscence or open carry anytime!



  8. #8
    Spotted Gar stickman's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    canada
    Last Activity
    10-11-2009 12:49 AM
    Posts
    132
    dont get me wrong, im as big a gun lover as the next guy but..... u can keep a loaded gun as long as you hide it???? lol



  9. #9
    Redtailed Catfish flamenco-t's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South of Heaven
    Last Activity
    Today 3:46 PM
    Posts
    1,558
    I don't have Texas Concealed license yet...haven't found a saturday where I want to sit for 8 hours class session

    I'll check out the sites..I can keep them loaded and concealed in the glovebox and once I pass IL state line, I can remove the mag and put the gun in the case locked up in the trunk.

    stan
    RIP Joey: R1_Ridah
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuck
    btw ... would you be interested in trading the 600 for my tank?
    Nah, I'll just get 2 - 180's



  10. #10
    Monster Unleashed neoprodigy's Avatar
    Usergroup
    Administrators
    Real Name
    Li
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    VA - DC - MD
    Posts
    14,610
    Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62;1778489 View Post
    check packing.org I have not been there in a while and last I heard it was shutting down, but it was a good and informative site!

    Come to KY. You can carry concealed in your car with out a liscence or open carry anytime!
    packing.org is gone.... check http://www.handgunlaw.us/



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •