Carrying a gun while traveling through Oklahoma, Missouri an Illinois.

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
I will be driving through Oklahoma, Missouri and Illinois for a summer trip in July.

I always carry my handgun for personal protection when I am traveling within the state of texas. State of texas does allow an individual to carry a loaded gun as long as they are concealed (glove compartment) when you are traveling from one city to another.

I need to know wether the same law applies in Oklahoma, Missouri and Illinois.

Does anyone know where I can find such info ?

I am over 30 years old with no felony conviction (no conviction for that matter)

thanks

Stan

barley pop

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2006
IL
DO NOT CARRY IN IL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will go to jail if they catch you :eek:

the hand gun must be unloaded and in a case separate from the ammunition.

i know..... IL SUCKS :irked:

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
barley pop;1778415; said:
DO NOT CARRY IN IL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you will go to jail if they catch you :eek:

the hand gun must be unloaded and in a case separate from the ammunition.

i know..... IL SUCKS :irked:
same as AUS

MATTHEWS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Spring Texas
flamenco-t;1778304; said:
I will be driving through Oklahoma, Missouri and Illinois for a summer trip in July.

I always carry my handgun for personal protection when I am traveling within the state of texas. State of texas does allow an individual to carry a loaded gun as long as they are concealed (glove compartment) when you are traveling from one city to another.
Do you have a Concealed Handgun License? That will allow you to be better protected as you will be able to carry on your person instead of only hidden in your car.
As of December 2007 in the United States, only Illinois and Wisconsin are not allowing people to get them if they are qualified.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
check packing.org I have not been there in a while and last I heard it was shutting down, but it was a good and informative site!

Come to KY. You can carry concealed in your car with out a liscence or open carry anytime!

stickman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
canada
dont get me wrong, im as big a gun lover as the next guy but..... u can keep a loaded gun as long as you hide it???? :screwy: lol

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
I don't have Texas Concealed license yet...haven't found a saturday where I want to sit for 8 hours class session :)

I'll check out the sites..I can keep them loaded and concealed in the glovebox and once I pass IL state line, I can remove the mag and put the gun in the case locked up in the trunk.

stan

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
JD7.62;1778489;1778489 said:
check packing.org I have not been there in a while and last I heard it was shutting down, but it was a good and informative site!

Come to KY. You can carry concealed in your car with out a liscence or open carry anytime!
packing.org is gone.... check http://www.handgunlaw.us/

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store