Is this a good price for a tig?

ElJefe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2007
Texas
i've finally found a store kinda near me(an hour away) that will acutally get in rare/odd ball fish. it's in houston it's called "Fish Ranch" i was talking to an employee who actually refered to the fish by scientific name!:WHOA: not really used to having a face to face conversation to someone who knows what they're talking about. i asked about several diff cats and he said he'd have to see if they could get them for a good price since they would have to order in bulk to get a cheaper rate. something that they could sale that didn't have a ridiculous price on it that no one would buy.... he said that he would be able to get a tig that was 4" + legnth of streamers for about $190 depending on avalibility and it might be cheaper. i've never seen a tig in real life even for sale in a store!!:( i'd probably buy it irregardless of the price!:ROFL:
but is that a good price????

ElJefe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2007
Texas
so it's an avg. price?

flamenco-t

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2006
South of Heaven
at $ 190 for 4" is prety good price, same price as online vendors here but you won't have to shell out shipping.

stan

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
yeah its a good price. Jump on it and get it. Tigs are the bomb.

ElJefe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2007
Texas
thanks i just wanted to make sure i wasn't gettin ripped off....
the employee was going to see avalibility on it and order it when it was avaliable. he's going to give me a call when he can get them in approx 1-3weeks...

ElJefe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2007
Texas
mkman;1783902; said:
yeah its a good price. Jump on it and get it. Tigs are the bomb.
agreed! i want one so bad! i'm going to take him a list of oddball/rare fish i'd like and he's goin to call me if he can get any in and upon on arrival.

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
sounds like it's worth it to me...hope they can actually get one for you and not jack up the price once they do get it in

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
I would say that is an excellent price for a fish store. The only time I have ever seen a tig for sale in a store it was 300$ for a 4-5" er. Since he has to check on the availability I would guess he is going to come back and say they are unavailable as tigrinus are getting very difficult to find. Good luck and definately buy one if he can bring them in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store