A sad day

Butter73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2007
Nebraska
Today was a sad day as my buddy and I broke down his 220 gal reef because he is moving and isn't going to be setting it up again until he builds a new house a year from now. The sad thing is that he just threw away about 150 lbs of good quality live rock that had been in his tank for several years. I took what I could and he has set up a 55 gal for his fish but the rest of the rock was just wasted, we couldn't find anyone to give it away to.

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
Havin to toss out good stuff like that simply because you have no where to store it really sucks. But FYI for next time - contact local SWFS's and see if they need any. They may be willing to buy it off you, saves them money from having it shipped in, and gives you a few extra bucks and the peace of mind knowing it wasn't a waste.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
^ word :)

Butter73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2007
Nebraska
We don't have a good lfs in this area so that wasn't really an option. We have a fish store that will order fish for us but he was not interested in any live rock.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
bummer lol. I need rock too. I would have paid to ship that here. besides your only in nebraska, not tooooooooooo far away from me lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store