Bio Wheel Pro 60 with Powerhead Setup

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
What do you mean? You want to use a powerhead with that filter?

fishoverlivingspace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Madison, WI
I actually have a RIO 2100 powering 2 of those things. That pump pushes about 500 gph I believe, but I don't really remember, it's been like a year and a half since I set the thing up. It's a little bit much, but it's what I had lying around when I wanted to set it up, and it keeps the spraybars from getting clogged. I did it because the Mag 350 impellers crap out so easily, and the can itself isn't much for bio-filtration (or any exceptional filtration for that matter). It works well though. Let me know if you have any questions!:thumbsup:

FishGoneWild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
32 Polypterus Way, Africa
Thank you fishoverlivingspace for offering to help. I really appreciate that.

Question 1: What size hose does the Bio Wheel Pro 60 accept? 5/8"?

Question 2: What do you think is the ideal GPH on the powerhead to run this effeciently? Beside 2100, can you recommend a powerhead or pump that would work good?

Question 3: Can you snap a picture of the Bio Wheel Pro 60? Get a side shot like the picture I posted below. I need to know if it will fit over a 125 gallon tank with a thick trim. I had fitting issue on the tank trim with my Emperor 400.

My plan is to use a powerhead to pump water though my Coral Life Twist UV then eject water out to the Bio Wheel Pro 60. This way I do not make a mess with the canister when I want to clean my UV or replace the UV bulbs. Plus, it will save my fish stand from looked all cluttered.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store