Introduction - My dat + a few questions

shroob88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
Sheffield
Hi there all,

I'll start by saying I've been reading these pages for a while and taken the plunge and registered as a member. After reading though all the previous posts it seems this is the place to ask dat related questions :p.

I only have the one dat that I bought a few months back, a little indo about 3-4" in length, I'm keeping him/her with 4 hujeta in a 90 gallon tank. I basically came here to ask on what bottom dwelling tankmates would go nicely with these fish and add activity to the tank. I was thinking of clown loaches due to their colouring, but after speaking to some people in a chat on another forum they put doubts in my head so I wondered about the suitability of clown loach as dat/hujeta tankmates. Any other suggestions would be appreciated though.

So here is my little dat, who will hopefully grow up to be as nice as some I've seen on these pages.

Close up

Incidently, I bought this dat off someone who uses this forum alot, don't know if he will see it or remember :p but to to show how its comming on.

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
great looking indo! CL would make great tankmates. i've heard they only really have issues with other dats, which i can say my ATs fight with each other and well as my IT but nothing serious. they get along great with my cichlids

shroob88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
Sheffield
HiImSean;1822825; said:
great looking indo! CL would make great tankmates. i've heard they only really have issues with other dats, which i can say my ATs fight with each other and well as my IT but nothing serious. they get along great with my cichlids
Thanks for the comment, the reasons other people gave were that CL were ich magnets and I suppose pass it onto the dat. Though I have other tank I could put them in I suppose to quarantine them in a few weeks time (currently got fry), but I do trust the LFS I use. I'll see what other people think on the issue.

Shroob

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
WOW! Awesome Indo. Just make sure you quarantine the loaches and add some salt when you put them in w/ the others.

sudi817

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2008
Toronto
Stable color with clean stripes and full necklace. Your IT's very nice. How about a bichir as tankmate : )

pwmin

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
CO via PA
www.myspace.com
any updates for us? this thread is a half a year old.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store