My DIY Cover for metal Stand

Riv D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Kaohsiung
When I got my 210 gal, I wanted to get a wooden cabinet stand, but one of my friends convinced me that a metal stand would be stronger.
So, riding on my buddies paranoia, I opted for the metal stand.
I also swore to my wife that I would build a cabinet front to cover up the exposed filtration and fish supplies that posed as an eye sore.
so, after 2 YEARS of driving my poor wife crazy with the stuff under the tank. I finally kept my word...:nilly:

My next project is to build a matching canopy which is scheduled for completion by 2010.

DSC03105.JPG

DSC03104.JPG

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
that look pretty good. Is your side pannel a door also? Or is that just a gap. would make a sweet extra door. I have thought abot doing a stand that only had doors on the side and not the front.

Riv D

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2008
Kaohsiung
It was supposed to be a door and it still can, but I got lazy and just screwed it shut for now.

koop171

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
ohio
Make it a door but see if you can do it with out door hardware so it looks like a panel and when you push on it, it will pop open. Use like those magnet holders they use on medicine cabinets. That way it will still look like a panel but its really a door.

Trippingpara

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
New England
Nice job. I'm making a cover for a couple of metal rack stands that I have. Did you attach the casing to the stand or does it just slide into place?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store