Marine & Brackish 'Have You Ever's'

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
Ok so there is a main thread like this in the Lounge that covers all things random, but I thought it would be fun to have one specifically for our Marine & Brackish area. Basically works like this;
Each poster will answer a previous "Have you ever", and in the same post, ask another "Have you ever". If you choose to answer one from a few posts back, make sure to quote it so we can all keep up. It can get pretty funny when people start admitting to certain things... Just remember this is all for fun, so if someone admits to something you don't agree with, don't start a lecture, leave it be, we all make mistakes, have stupidity leaks, and bloopers. And for most of them, we learned our lesson and can laugh about it now. I will start.

Have you ever accidentally siphoned one of your fish?

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
water_baby83;1836969; said:
Ok so there is a main thread like this in the Lounge that covers all things random, but I thought it would be fun to have one specifically for our Marine & Brackish area. Basically works like this;
Each poster will answer a previous "Have you ever", and in the same post, ask another "Have you ever". If you choose to answer one from a few posts back, make sure to quote it so we can all keep up. It can get pretty funny when people start admitting to certain things... Just remember this is all for fun, so if someone admits to something you don't agree with, don't start a lecture, leave it be, we all make mistakes, have stupidity leaks, and bloopers. And for most of them, we learned our lesson and can laugh about it now. I will start.

Have you ever accidentally siphoned one of your fish?
yes many moons ago a baby Angel fish. have you ever went to fill up or top off a tank with a Python and left the room for a couple of minutes and come back and find the python on the floor going full blast?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
yes i was filling the goldfish winter tank...

have you ever had a fish jump out?

Butter73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2007
Nebraska
Yes one of my clowns jumped out last week and I didn't realize it until it was to late.

Have you ever been moving live rock and dropped a piece and cracked the glass?

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
LOL no but I squished a cleaner shrimp with it! LOL :(

Have you ever accidentally droped/smashed/knocked a coral and thought it was going to die but instead it's tissue regenerated new frags??

(I have!!)

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
no the opposite is true...

have you ever been cleaned by somethin gin your tank?

Yoji_嬰孩

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2008
rock in water
Yes, my old blue neon goby used to clean me every WC.

Have you ever accidently gave away one of your fishes (hiding in rock) when selling LR?!

alcohologist

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2007
singapore
haha. nope, dont sell my rock
has anyone ever been bit by one of their "non agressive" fish? [like a tang who thinks arm hair is tasty chaeto:screwy::D]

water_baby83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2006
UnDeR tHe SeA
www.myspace.com
Yes and my waters went from temperate to "Hot Springs". was with a digital guage I was testing. Luckily when I was feeding the fish, I had my hand in the waters and knew immediately that the temp was wayy too high, so Ice packs were tossed in. All inhabitants survived, were just a little sluggish and breathing heavy for the first day. I learned to test things like that in empty tanks from then on.

Have you ever gotten a free fish that you were intending to purchase because you decided to put the employees in their place when it came to proper husbandry?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store