"sintered glass" for filtration purposes

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
I saw someone mention this... what the hell is it? Where can you get it in bulk if it really works?

Mattyou

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2007
Jax Fla.
Hagen Bio-Max and a few other brands as well. Check out petsolution or Dr Foster n Smith for more. IMO it packs the most surface area available. There is also bricks of ReefreshH20 that work good.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
michael let me know if you find it in bulk.... ive been looking for bulk for awhile....

X24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2007
Nebraska
I buy "super porus bio glass media" made by Odyssea for $4.46 a liter from Sundance (a local pet and plant store). I'm not sure if this media is just cheap or they have the wrong price on it there.

All sintered glass seems about the same, only differences are the shapes they come in.

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
X24;1883576; said:
I buy "super porus bio glass media" made by Odyssea for $4.46 a liter from Sundance (a local pet and plant store). I'm not sure if this media is just cheap or they have the wrong price on it there.

All sintered glass seems about the same, only differences are the shapes they come in.
the difference is how they are made, which effects pore size and therefore surface area, high quality products have up to 5 times more surface area than inferior products

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store