Crenicichla sp. 'atabapo fire'

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
I can't hold out any longer, I gotta share these awesome pikes with you guys. I've never kept any pikes like them before, they are truely unique. Their personalities are a little more bold, they are more inquisitive, and their colors just baffle me and put me in speakless wonder. I've never seen a pike with this type of color scheme, the red and black in the dorsal, anal, and caudual fin. The reds are so intense too, its like rocket red. No matter what I do I just can't capture its brightness with the camera. Sorry guys, wish you could just see them in person. Anywho, here are my babies...enjoy... :woot: Oh yeah, my Hoplarchus psittacus (True Parrot Cichlid) kept wantin to get in on the pictures, so I took a few of him.

fire.jpg

fireI.jpg

fireII.jpg

fireIII.jpg

fireIV.jpg

fireIX.jpg

fireparrot.jpg

fireV.jpg

fireVI.jpg

fireVII.jpg

fireVIII.jpg

fireX.jpg

fireXI.jpg

fireXII.jpg

fireXIII.jpg

fireXIV.jpg

yawn.jpg

parrrot.jpg

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
atabapo's huh. I should have guessed from your screenname. :D

How big are they by the way, forgot what ya told me. :)

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
yeah, you gotta be a true pike-a-holic to competely appreciate the atabapos...;). They aren't exactly the easiest pike to get. Rapps hasn't seen them in several years to give yaz an idea...haha. They aren't full grown yet either, when they are, yeah, the lent. may not look so impressive....haha.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
They look like a pack of wolves (metaphorically). Are they?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store