Is this as bad as it looks?

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
Yesterday I setup a wet/dry for the first time. The thing is loaded with bubbles! At first there weren't many and I thought it was from the tank being filled. But when I got up this morning BAM! They procreated in the night. The only thing I can think of is the vent on the overflow is drawling air. It's a Perfecto tank and the over flow plumbing came with it. I was told the vent was to keep it from making gulping sounds. I was wondernig if it would be ok as that's a lot of O2 for the media. When I try to cover the vent holes the level in the overflow chamber drops about 2 inches and I get a sucking air noise. I don't know where else all that air can be getting in.

ov1.jpg

ov2.jpg

ov3.jpg

FireMedic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Middle of somewhere, Oulu Wisconsin
I agree, those look suspiciously like soap bubbles. -OR- Did you recently ad "Mela-fix" or "Pima-fix" to your tank? They can bubble quite a bit.
Good luck diagnosing.
Respectfully,
FireMedic.

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
LOL not soap but it does look like a dishwasher giong crazy. The last pic is of the air coming in through the overflow hoses. The only thing I added was AquaSafe to neutralize cholrine. I only used half the recommended amount.

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
hmm thats crazy, looks like my washing machine

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
what u use for media