I hate the live and learn part of hobbys

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
well. i have had my 150 and my 100gal setup in my gargage for a long time now. and last night likeno other i feed my fish turned out the lights and went to bed. i woke up and went to turn on the lights and i didnt hear the trinkle of the water, i ran in and smelt the smell of dead fish, my power had gone of in garage. i started to see what i can do, hear is what i lost. my small female ray is ok and i have 2 bug male pbass that are iffy. awwww i hate this part. what to do from here. well thats part of the hobby tho. what happened was my power was to much for outlite. even tho it ran fine for over a month with no problems. so tip to all keepers out there. read what all ur equpment takes and what ur oulit can take and make sure u dont go over. bc even if it seems fine it could blow at any min. i fix the problem y a simple reset but im omw now to get a extention cord to run half the stuff from another area. man this week has been killer on me. but hey life can only go up hill from here so i can wait to see what deals come my way. so anyone wanna sell me a sweet male ray to replace mine lol. well live and learn it sucks but makes u a better fish keeper and helps u warn others

dead 001.jpg

dead 004.jpg

dead 003.jpg

dead 009.jpg

dead 007.jpg

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
Holy Moley! I just got nauseous looking at those pics. I'm very very sorry for your loss :(

Onion01

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2007
Miami
wait, so they all just died overnight because of no oxygenation/filtration?

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
Onion01;1874410; said:
wait, so they all just died overnight because of no oxygenation/filtration?
not all died, but ya, no air or filtraion over night in both tanks = bad things :eek:

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
i think i'll start crying if i seen that to my fishes.....thats heart brakeing bro.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store