good RO system

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Most RO units are all going to operate in the same way. Are you looking to do big water changes, or a drip system? If you intend on storing water for water changes, then you will need a big storage tank just to hold all of the water, unless you get a commercial RO unit, and a pressure pump.

turkeyboy85

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
mn
im looking at doing weekly water changes, I have a spare 150 gallon i was going to use as a holding tank then then just take the water out of it when i did a water change... what do u think?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
That will do the trick. I'd personally look for at least a 150GPD RO. Less than that and making the water takes forever.

tunerX

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
It doesn't really matter about the brand but the membrane is pretty important. I have the kent maxxima HI-S RO/DI. HI-S removes silicates.

Works great for me but I only change 10 gallons a week in my Reef tank. It does 60 gallons a day but I have no need for that much. I make the water when I need it. If you have a storage tank then you can get the float switch. Start it two-3 days before the change.

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
I have a 24 gpd unit, and it is lame sauce. Forget holding tanks, just route it through a dosing pump that remineralizes and do the constant water changer.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
i might be able to hook you up with a nice large R/O unit.... pm me turkeyboy if your interested

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store