leveling a 150g tank

oregonian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2007
portland, oregon
i got a 150g 4'x2'x2'6" tank and the only thing stopping me from filling it is that it is slightly tilted forward (with 1 gallon of water) only the back L is exposed about 6". i really don't want to crack this tank and was wondering how you level a tank. i realize i could put some wood under the stand but was thinking that might cause some pressure points wherever the shims are. was just looking for advice how to make sure the weight is distbursed uniformly. thanks

L A R R Y

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Texas
Is the stand sitting on carpet next to a wall and possibly the tack strip is causing the tank to lean forward?

You will want to level the stand that the tank is sitting on. Never ever ever ever try to level the tank itself. You can use some shims under the stand to level out the tank. On my stand, I have a square tube steel frame, and on the bottom of the frame, I welded in some spots to where I added adjustable feet. Mainly it is just a bolt with a screw that I can adjust the level of the tank and it works out very very nice

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
If it isnt the tack strip,a shim that runs the length of the tank would be best.Figure out how high you need it then rip it on a tablesaw.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store