MY UV Ster. and Algae

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
I just wanted to let you guys know (for those whom already do not) how much the UV Serilizer helps out with algae. My 220 that I was cycling, went through a pretty massive algae bloom. I assume do to my Nitrate lvls. I added 3 - 3" plecos and a Turbo Twist UV 18Watt (for up to 250 Gal). I run that at around 170 gph. No lie within one day noticeable results. I was extremely suprised. I have not yet touched the glass.
Anyway, sorry to make a new thread about this....just figured if anyone was at all skeptical about UVS give them a try....uyou should be pretty happy.

OnceLoyal

Candiru
MFK Member
May 13, 2008
Around
Man so far so good. The little plecs have almsot everything cleared. The UV of course kills the free floating algae (single celled) in the water itself. So to me it is 100% success. My nitrate lvls are still up a bit and there is more than enough nutrients and light for algae, but everything is staying clean. I say 100% success because algae control was the last priority when I purchased the UV. I guess it turned out to be a bigger plus than I thought.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store