new tank

ejsotsehp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2008
Dunkirk NY USofA
i just purchased a 75 gal setup and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how i should setup filtration, and i wanted to get 2 powerheads, and im running an emperor 400 HOB filter

fish in this tank will be 1 clown knife 1 red tail cat 1 tiger shovelnose 1 garpike and a pleco

jay17

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2008
Philippines
2 powerheads? one would suffice.. but its your tank anyway.. lol with those fishes you mentioned, one powerhead would suffice.. let alone two.. you dont need a special set-up with a tank that size and it's inhabitants.. just my two cents though.. wait for the other MFKers.. lol

rba718

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Miami, FL
A 75 was my first major tank. I started with a Rena Xp3 and I set up the intake at one end of the tank and the outake at the other. I have the outake on full so it acts like a powerhead in a way.

Right now, I've added a Fluval 305 filter to the tank and I set it up the same way. Together they work really well.

Fishermoe14

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2008
Minnesota
i think you should get another filter :D but i tend to over filter all my tanks..

one of my 75's has an aquaclear 110/500 and ehiem 2213.. it keeps the water crystal clear...

the other 75 i have is running 2x Emp 280 and 1x emp 400

the last 75 i just set up and has an Aquaclear 110.. planning to throw a DIY sump on there too...

and if im not mistaken... those fish get HUGE so tons of filtration is desired..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store