Heater Questions&Wanted Suggestions for a 320G

easydoesit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2008
New England
How many heaters would you say I should use for my 320 gallon tank? 2? 3?
Any kinds of heaters that you would suggest? Any good inexpensive brands?

Tigerdat

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
USA
I keep my house fairly warm and I don't have fish that that need real warm temperatures. I am planning on using 2 ebo 250w heaters in lifeguard heater modules in my 415 gallon tank.My 120 gallon tank 42x30x22 used a 100 watt heater until a "friend" gave me some discus. I had to upgrade the heater to a 200 watt heater to keep the temp at 84. Most of my tanks are plexi and they seam not to need as big of as a heater as glass tanks I have.

easydoesit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2008
New England
thanks for the response tiger. i need the heat to be at around 80. its summer now, so i wont need as much heat as in the winter, but the tank is going in my basement which is cooler. the 55 that's down there right now needs the heater on at night and during chilly days.
the tank is acrylic, so idk if that makes a difference or not.
so 2 250 watts should work for a 320?

ProblEmZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2006
Lynnwood, Washington what!
easydoesit;1884927; said:
How many heaters would you say I should use for my 320 gallon tank? 2? 3?
Any kinds of heaters that you would suggest? Any good inexpensive brands?
I don't think you'd want to skimp on heating or anything for a tank taht large. Especially with the stock available to you with that size tank.

Stealth is the way to go imo hehe

easydoesit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2008
New England
lol im not trying to skimp.. just trying to..... be... frugal? is that the word.. conservative? lol. okay, maybe i do always try to find cheap stuff.
QUALITY cheap stuff though, if theres such a thing:)
ill look into stealth n ebo heaters.
anyone else have any opinions?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
How cold will it get in the basement? To help conserve energy a bit insulate the stand and the sides/back of the tank. My fish room never gets too cold, so my 300 only needs a couple of 250s.

easydoesit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2008
New England
in the winter it will get freezing, but well be in a different place this winter. it's just cold enough right now that i have to turn the heater on a low setting at night. its been unusually chilly here for the summer, except for 1 random 4 day heatwave. then, i didnt have to turn the heater on much at all.
my basement does stay kind of a lot cooler than outside though.
ill try out two 250s first and if i need another one, ill get another.
thanks guys.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
So the basement will get down to 32f?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
if your heating system is in the basement it might be a good idea to put a heating duct down there as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store