possibly breeding Datnoids????

StripeGirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2007
Boston, MA
Hi,I recently bought stickyrice's datnoids.I have put them into a 455 gallon tank with a silver arowana,blue arowana,and a huge jaguar ray.I know sticky once posted about his pair doing a dance and was curious if it was breeding behavior.Well they started doing the dance the day i put them in the big tank.Now the male has moved all the gravel out from under the wood and once in a while i see them both under the wood doing the dance(wagging side by side).The male will turn the most intense color like a banana.They are now starting to chase the arowanas away and the big ray.Could this be the start of breeding?I also noticed the female is very very fat??

BigJ

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Ohio
I hope you get lucky! I get dibs on the first fry! lol gl with them.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
If they breed, stickyrice is going to cry, I am sure of it!!! Good Luck!! I want to buy one too, if they breed successfully :D

second dib on the ST :D

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
BTW, someone posted long time ago, saying breeder breeding ST in Thailand, and its only 10% chance of survival rate of its fry!! :O

Limited Quantity!!! Limited Edition!!! :O

This is going to be hot! :O I bet hotfishgirl's mail box will be flood by pm.

Lets us pre-order first!!! How much are you going to sell them?? $50? $100? ^^ Going to ship too right? ^^

Paypal? Check? Money order? ^^ so excited, just like when the ps3 coming out :D

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
hopefully. lets wait and see....

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
sounds promising, I actually have a video of how they breed them in Thailand, artificially, I need to dig it up and see how they raise the fries, but they probably don't reveal the secrets.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Wow! I hope you get some baby Dats. You'd be the first I've heard that has a breed Dats in captivity.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store