Humane way to end suffering Tang's life

azcummins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Texas!
I inherited a 55g tank today and with it came a yellow tang who looked happy before the move, but now that I have the tank all setup again, he is hovering over the bottom @ a 45 degree angle and is very clearly in distress.

Is there a humane way to put him out of his misery? He's too big to flush and I don't want to pull him out of the tank and let him suffocate, so other than letting him suffer and die in the tank, how else could I put him out of his pain?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
:iagree:

i always forget the name of that anethetic.. but it do work..

was goging to suggest clove oil and destruction of the brain... but that sounds better

r3d

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2008
[|x_O|]
that really sucks you need to put him down sorry for your troubles

Toopato

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2008
Washington
but one important detail are there other fish in the tank?
or do you meen take it out then do that

azcummins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Texas!
well he was @ the 45 degree angle for about an hour, then I went to bed and now this morning he is up swimming around like nothing happened.

I'd equate it to a bride on her wedding day...she gets all upset because one little thing goes wrong, but at the end of the day, she's still married and no one will remember what went wrong! :ROFL:

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
he was just stressed. i wouldnt euthanize a fish just because he shows stress.. now if he was sick or wounded to the point of no return id do it in a heartbeat..

glad to see the little guy is coming around!

azcummins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Texas!
They jury is still out on this one. I put some food in the tank for the fish and the tang immediately went back to hovering over the sand @ a 45 degree angle. I left home 30 mins later and he still was just hovering there. I'll see if I can get him to eat and to see if he will recover.

Poor guy!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store