whats a good canister for a 55?

lispykid7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2008
Illinois
my 55 always seams cloudy and/or milky. its kindof underfilerted=[ right now i have a penguin 200. i want to know what a good canister filter for a 55 is? would a rena xp3 or a fluval fx5 be to much. becasue i kindof want something i could use later on my 120?

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Yes, a canister is always a good addtion to any existing tanks. A canister is always great when paired off with a HOB filter. I'd say get an Eheim 2217. Best canister for its pricing.

lispykid7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2008
Illinois
yeah i was think the xp is a good choice. i think ill go with that. but still looking for other good suggestions

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
Rena Filstar XP3. I use one of those custom flow set-ups you can buy at petco to break up the intake and flow throughout the tank. Works like a charm. I used to have just an XP1 on it, and everything worked fine, but needed more water changes and had increased algae growth.

lispykid7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2008
Illinois
cassharper;1891544; said:
Rena Filstar XP3. I use one of those custom flow set-ups you can buy at petco to break up the intake and flow throughout the tank. Works like a charm. I used to have just an XP1 on it, and everything worked fine, but needed more water changes and had increased algae growth.
what size tank do you have and what was the flow set up thing called? like the brand?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store