Which type of Frontosa??

k1ngph1l

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2008
Hey guys,
I want everyones opinion on what type of frontosas to get? either Burundi, Mpimbwe, or Kigoma?? These 3 are the only types that i can afford :(. I wish to start a colony, not for breeding but just enjoyment. I was also wondering if I were to mix different types of frontosa would they all colonize together? or would they separate into their different types? Because if it is possible that would be great since I am not looking to breed

Thanks!

Mij

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2008
pa
My vote would be for Burundi. Just got a colony of seven and they are way cool!!!

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Never mix frontosas at all. Keep the strains pure. By the way I also recommend the Mpimbwes if you can, they are very nice and beautiful.

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
It's not wise to mix fronts at all. It is highly discouraged. They will breed if they are given the chance, since they will live in the same tank. Now have you ever seen someone who has mixed fronts?

tydus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
California
Now, let me restate it, do you know any experts who keeps mixes fronts? What kind of fronts do you mix together, how many, their size, tankmates etc? I woudln't advise mixing fronts, they all look to similar and how do you tell them from apart? How do you know keeping them with other fish prevents them from spawning, regardless, they will always spawn no matter if they get the chance to. You would have many problems if you kept a colony of mixed fronts, what if they bred, would you know who spawned together, the answer is NO. So, that is why you never mix them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store