temensis showin aggression to new dat

cuban jey

"tha movement you bastards"
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
Tampa Bay
with the lights off i just added a 8in. widebar to my 150 with my tem, pike cichlid, gar and ornate and immediately my tem started flaring up and mouthing him so i threw a handful of feeder minnows in to distract him it worked for a lil while but now the dat is hiding in a cave with the tem kinda waitin for him my prob is i cant move any of the structures around cause there so huge what else can i do? im thinking bout putting the tem in a cooler with a bubbler for the night but im afraid of losing him

cougar579

Candiru
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
I would worry more about the dat....Is it a pulcher? eight in pulchers ain't cheap.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
what the temensis usually like is it aggressive is there a massive size difference.
have you added other fish and the same thing happened before.

i have had the same thing happen but with my dat being the aggressor but it did calm down after the first few hours.
personally i would keep a very close eye on them but i am sure the dat can hold its own if a similar size.
good luck hope it works out ok

cuban jey

MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
Tampa Bay
thanks for the replys, the tems bout 10in. i put him in "the box" overnight and now gonna transport him back to population :grinno:

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
CJ , giving feeders to the temensis will only bring out its aggression. Try using a divider and divide the temensis at first, let the dat be the king of the tank ( or at least get used to it ), then try mixing again.

cuban jey

MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
Tampa Bay
just got back from work and watched em for awhile everything seems alright the tem flares at him every now and then but the dats holdin his ground the funny thing is when the dat was chillin in a cave the tem came by and flared at him a couple times and strolled off like a hard @$$ but while he was leaving the dat gave him a tail shot and he turned around surprised as hell like "wtf this fool aint playin" :ROFL:

KurseD

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
the rock...671!!!
one of the joys in monster fish keeping, finding out how to get all the monsters to get along...don't you just love it when a plan all comes together?

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
KurseD said:
one of the joys in monster fish keeping, finding out how to get all the monsters to get along...don't you just love it when a plan all comes together?

Agreed! one of the joys and pain of being a monster fish keeper.. its the trial and error. !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store