Magnum 350

Lord Barium

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2007
Monday
Hi,

Here is a review of the magnum 350 (the most powerful filter in the world, punk). This is by no means a proffessional review, and this is from my experience only. But still, enjoy:D

Good:

-Designed well. They did make this one with Wookies in mind.:popcorn:

-Lots of features! This includes an attachable siphon (for water exchanges), exchangable filters, attachable bio-wheel, and much more. This is a one stop shop for filtration

-Very powerful.

-Diatom powder filter. Now this is the most useful part of the filter. You can buy diatom powder (put the correct cartridge in) and inject it into the filter intake. It sucks the crud out of your tank INCREDIBLY quickly.

-Quick disconect. Cut your hose and put these devices on. Allows you to just turn the valves, and pull the entire filter out without having to unstring all of those !@#!@$ wires

-Easy to dissasemble. Very easy to swap out filters.

-Relatively (realatively) quiet.

Bad:

-Lots of features! AHHHGGG! so confusing!

-Expensive. You pay for what you get, but....this will make you go :WHOA:.

-Very bad manual. All I got was this laminated sheet telling me how to "attach the biowheel!" Yay! I don't even have that component!:irked:

-Messy. You will get water on something:nilly:. Trust me

-Hard to start up. The trick is to fill it halfway with water, then turn it on for a bit. After suction (or whatever) has built up, turn of the filter. You should see ALOT of bubbles (thats GOOD!). Now you can start.

Stuff to keep in mind:

-Remember to connect the right "quick disconect" valves (marking pairs helps). Otherwise you'll be spewing water out of the filter intake.

-To start the filter, fill halfway with water. Let it run for a bit (say 20 seconds) then turn it off. Bubbles will be pouring out of the intake. Once the container has filled up, you can turn it on.

-Always turn off the quick disconnect valves before opening the top. Please don't make my mistake.

Rating: 8.7/10

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
Have one,its in a box in my basement.Canisters are annoying in the first place and this one is a real pita.The biowheel attachment only gets a tiny fraction of the returning water which makes it look like a gimmick IMO.
Cheaper than most canisters which is a plus.Mine burned through 2 impellers in a year which arent cheap.

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
Had one wouldn't use it on any tank larger than a 40gal tank, good mech filter however as stated limited uses:popcorn:

Lord Barium

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2007
Monday
Yeah mines anoyed me to no end, but it does do a great job of filtering.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store