Just a Water Change?

Monteferro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Canada
Looking to move my fish to the new tank, possibly as early as this weekend...

Because I am moving established filters, established substrate and approx. 100g of water from the current tank, I am hoping to consider this similar to a water change rather than a new set up that would require cycling.

Current tank is a 150g on the second floor of the house - moving to a 300 gallon on the main floor.

So the only real change will be the addition of 150-200 gallons of "new (treated) water" - which makes me think I can consider this similar to a 50% water change...

Thanks in advance for any details or direction that you are able to provide!

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
You should have nothing to worry about.

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Ditto.

Put the new water in the tank as soon as possible and get it's parameters steady (temp, pH etc).

If the fish can take it, you can add one of the stress relief potions available to make the transition a little easier.hey are now

Oh ya, tape a map to the glass so the fish know where they are now :D.

Dr Joe

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Monteferro;1915015; said:
Looking to move my fish to the new tank, possibly as early as this weekend...

Because I am moving established filters, established substrate and approx. 100g of water from the current tank, I am hoping to consider this similar to a water change rather than a new set up that would require cycling.

Current tank is a 150g on the second floor of the house - moving to a 300 gallon on the main floor.

So the only real change will be the addition of 150-200 gallons of "new (treated) water" - which makes me think I can consider this similar to a 50% water change...

Thanks in advance for any details or direction that you are able to provide!
Thanks for posting this question. I'm about to do the same thing from a 190g to a 350g.

Monteferro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Canada
Hello All,

Thank you for the responses on this!

Once I get everything moved and set up I will post some pictures!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store