bearded dragon questions

jloos1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
canton, MI
im revamping my 75 gallon into a reptile tank and im really thinking about a bearded dragon. first question is about feeding...do i feed them untill they stop eating anymore or will they just keep eating like alot of cichlids? i know i got more questions but i cant think of any now so ill jus keep posting questions as i think of them

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
well you can find lots of care sheets and I recomnd searching old threads here because we covered some real good stuff.However your question is good because typicaly it wouldnt be covered in a care sheet.I always fed mine a certain amount for each one or just a tray of vegies and they would share.They will,or at least mine did,stop when full.Carefull with fake plants ,one of mine ate one and had a great time getting it to exit.lol.

jloos1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
canton, MI
jason longboard;1916084; said:
well you can find lots of care sheets and I recomnd searching old threads here because we covered some real good stuff.However your question is good because typicaly it wouldnt be covered in a care sheet.I always fed mine a certain amount for each one or just a tray of vegies and they would share.They will,or at least mine did,stop when full.Carefull with fake plants ,one of mine ate one and had a great time getting it to exit.lol.
cool, thanks jason

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
yeah but they crap on anything they want and it will get into the wood so sanatizing all the time can suck.I used bricks and rocks so I could change them when needed,drift wood aint cheap right.

jloos1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
canton, MI
jason longboard;1916605; said:
yeah but they crap on anything they want and it will get into the wood so sanatizing all the time can suck.I used bricks and rocks so I could change them when needed,drift wood aint cheap right.
right on, i might try driftwood n if it becomes a problem ill just change its tank setup

jloos1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
canton, MI
another question...can i keep more than one species of reptile in a tank? tank space isnt an issue i got a 75 gallon which i've come to find out is pretty dang big for reptiles...i was thinking two beardies, leopard gecko, and a crested gecko?

by the way please dont flame if im asking crazy questions, im a noob with reptiles so im new with this.

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
jloos1988;1918585; said:
another question...can i keep more than one species of reptile in a tank? tank space isnt an issue i got a 75 gallon which i've come to find out is pretty dang big for reptiles...i was thinking two beardies, leopard gecko, and a crested gecko?

by the way please dont flame if im asking crazy questions, im a noob with reptiles so im new with this.
First of no you cant do this particular combination. keeping several species together is kind of controversial but can somethimes be acomplished. But this particular one is impossible. First cresteds have complitley diferent requirements than beardeds so they are automaticly out of the equacion. As for leopard geckos is simply put too riscky. Not only they have diferent necessitys but also its known that bearded dragons can eat other smaller lizards if given the chance:grinno: They can even rip other´s lizards tail. So now we are down to 2 beardys. If you want you can have two but make shure they are both female. Two males will figth and in a copple the female can became very stressed by the male´s constant intents to mate. Two females are the best combo:D Make shure you do lots and lots of reserch before getting something. Here´s a good place to start:www.anapsid.org;)

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
jloos1988;1918585; said:

:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfireflamer,lol,no dont worry,they are good questions.:)

Tiger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Australia
i love beardies. One of the fastest running lizards i've seen (wild ones that is):headbang2:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store