How much water conditioner?

LisaH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Las Vegas
When I do water changes I mix the water with condition in jugs and pour it in. Its a real pain in the butt.

I'd like to start using a python. Lets say I want to replace 50 gallons of water on a 100 gal tank. Do I use enough prime for 50 gallons or 100?

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines

ProblEmZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2006
Lynnwood, Washington what!
Yeah just follow the directions according to how much new water you're adding.

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
50. You only use enough Prime to cover the amount you lost during a waterchange. Read the directions on the back of that bottle for exact dosage.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Dosage for 50 should be fine. Keep in mind, however, that if your tap water is extremely high in chlorine or chloramines, you may need to double or even triple the dosage.

arkmann

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2007
This reply might be a little bit off topic but I'll post it anyways.

I've never used Prime and in my case, don't see a need for it. I simply use a regular dechlorinator/dechloraminator. I also don't follow the direction of one drop per gallon. I just spray it on the plastic tub and let the pump do its magic.

With regards to your question, dosage for 50 gallons should be fine and a bit over it should be fine as well. Now if you douse half of the bottle, it might be a different story.

Fishermoe14

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2008
Minnesota
i always treat for the whole tank when im adding it like that.. it cant really hurt the fish so it just makes for piece of mind..

i use prime because for the price you cant beat it.. calculate the price it costs to dechlorinate a gallon of tapwater using the conditioner vs the price using prime.. you will find that prime is a helluva a lot cheaper :D

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
I only treate the new water, prime cost to much to waste. I fill two 20 gallon trash cans with water and put enough prime for 20 gallons in each, then pump them into the sump.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store