Kangen Water

geeimatree

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Davis
I was doing water changes before just doing tap water and conditioner, but I realized that maybe I could use this little water filter thing that makes "kangen water."

It's primary purpose is for human consumption and it's supposed to be healthy for you by putting in the right minerals and stuff. It does take out the chlorine and chloramines.

Was wondering if someone with some knowledge about kangen water could help.

http://www.kangenwaterusa.com/Homepage.html

Heres the website for it, I am pretty sure they will be alright for use with fish, however, I am not the type of person who likes to leap into things without knowing 100% for sure.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Don't know how well that would work, but I do like that you can select you pH range on the unit. That's pretty cool!

geeimatree

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Davis
haha i know!!!
the problem is im still trying to figure out what type of minerals and stuff this thing puts in the water so i can figure out if its alright for the fish, but im guessing anything thats supposed to be this healthy for us shouldnt have anything too harmful to fish

geeimatree

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Davis
well im going to try it out on my bichir
if hes alright i think it will be fine if i start using this water for my water changes instead

ill be sure to post some results up tomorrow and then weekly and then monthly after that

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
I wouldn't go here if it where me........

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A water ionizer separates water into an alkaline fraction and an acid fraction. It does this by exploiting the electric charge of the calcium and magnesium ions present in nearly all sources of drinking water. When a source of water lacks mineral ions -- such as distilled water or water filtered via reverse osmosis -- a water ionizer has negligible effect..

This was an interesting read:

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

I'd stick to a charcol prefiltered RO unit anytime......:popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store