sump for 2 3ft tanks

gcull6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2008
australia
what size should it be, what media should go in it, wat size pump should to pump the water back to the tanks. the tanks will have big oscars in them

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
gcull6;1920480; said:
what size should it be, what media should go in it, wat size pump should to pump the water back to the tanks. the tanks will have big oscars in them
well what size tanks you gonna use?? how will the tanks be set up?? need some more info... pump will be based on total head height and how much of a turn over you want.... there is a good sticky on how to puck a pump gph...

gcull6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2008
australia
there will be 2 3ft tanks. the tanks will have 1 big oscar in them, there will be fake plants, rocks, gravel and a 200 watt heater. the sump will be the filtration

uberunce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2007
Toronto
i think nic is trying to ask the size of your tanks (in gallons). obviously the sump is for filtration but the sump has to be around 1/4-1/3 (in gallons) the capacity of the tanks its used for. and for overflow purposes the tanks should be placed higher than where the sump is placed.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
uberunce;1924947; said:
i think nic is trying to ask the size of your tanks (in gallons). obviously the sump is for filtration but the sump has to be around 1/4-1/3 (in gallons) the capacity of the tanks its used for. and for overflow purposes the tanks should be placed higher than where the sump is placed.
atleast somebody understands.....

as i asked we need some more info here buddy.... but im gonna take a shot in the dark and say screw it get a 55 gallon tank and a 6000gph pump.... there ya go

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store