Dividing a tank.. HELPPPPPPPPPP

Peter McFarlane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2007
London
Hey Guys

I have a tank that I want to divide into 4 sections.

It's usually my main, "show tank", but I' want to use it for a breeding project for a while.

I'm looking for ideas on how to divide my tank into sections.

1-It's only going to be for a year or so. So I don't want to use glass or silicone or anything that will leave permanent damage.

2- It's important that the water flows through each section as I'm running a sump setup.

3- Limited budget so cheaper the better.

Thanks Guys :)

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
i used a lid from a rubber maid container. i drilled holes so water would flow. i trimmed the plastic a little wider then the tank so it fit snug. its sturdy enough for the size fish i have.

CLIFISH

Jack Dempsey
Apr 11, 2008
LONG ISLAND, NY
plastic "egg crate" from home depot. 2 x 4 sheets in the lighting dept used to direct flourecent lighting. about $12.00 a sheet easy to cut with wire cutters 1/4" holes for easy water flow. I have been using it for years will fit tight if cut correctly.

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
CLIFISH;1922228; said:
plastic "egg crate" from home depot. 2 x 4 sheets in the lighting dept used to direct flourecent lighting. about $12.00 a sheet easy to cut with wire cutters 1/4" holes for easy water flow. I have been using it for years will fit tight if cut correctly.
Agreed, can't beat eggcrate for the price. Cut to size and your ready to go. If you don't like the white color, you can paint it with some of that black fusion paint.

Peter McFarlane

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2007
London
thanks for the heads up guys, i'll swing into the supplies store tomorrow and see if i can find any.

thanks again :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store