Wet Dry.. pump vibrations..

Mudfrog

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
VA
Ok, so just got my wet dry finished and I'm giving it a test run before I add media. My main concern is the pump is vibrating like crazy against the glass. Even with the doors closed on the stand it's got a very loud humming sound. Anyone had this problem before? I'm thinking maybe adding some filter floss or something underneath it to absorb the vibrations, suggestions?

BTW it's a Pondmaster 2400.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
All of my submersible pumps have had rubber feet. If yours doesn't just give it a cushion. Filter floss should be ok as long as it doesn't suck it into the intake.

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
My pump vibrates also, but its in a rubber made sump :). However i still can hear a small hum, because my return line is plumbed through my wall, so the pipe itself vibrates against the wall.

IITUFFTOBEATII

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2006
At my desk
use a neoprene mouse pad to dampen the vibration

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
Thats a good idea.

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
4-6 suction cups
1 piece of plexi
2-3 zipties

stick the suction cups to the plexi then ziptie the pump to the plexi.. then just let the nubs on the suction cups sit against the bottom of the sump... works so amazingly well... and then just use wads of papertowel wraped in tape wherever yer lines vibrate against the stand/tank

MikeOway

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
dominicolas;1929275; said:
I put mine on filter material and it works just fine. Even with rubber you can sometimes get alot of noise.
I agree, I use those foam/media material on the bottom w/ some of it covering the inlet of the pump for additional filtration. It reduces a lot if not all the vibration noises. give it a try good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store