filtration Help

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
I bought a tank sight unseen and was told it was complete including filters and all required hookups. I had little choice but to trust the seller as I could not personally afford to make the trip to go get it. I was told it was a 175 Gallon tank but it turns out to be a 110 Gallon Tank. it is 3 ft tall 50" long and has been drilled in the bottom for bulkhead fittings. I have the bulkheads but that was it no filter or lights or anything just tank and stand. I still got a good deal but now I need to setup a filter system. as it is drilled I doubt I will be able to go with a wet dry sump but I will need some advice on a filter system. I am sticking a 12" silver Arowana and a reticulated Ray as well as maybe a couple other social fish How much filtration do I need and What should I use? I am fairly Handy and so DIY is an option just need some guidance. Thanks in Advance (long term plan is to build a 500G before Christmas)

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Why do you think you won't be able to use a sump?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Middle of the back or middle of the bottom?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
greengiant;1934694; said:
Middle Bottom
Standpipes arent ugly and you can get a guard to go around them. If it's drilled you're lucky. Wet/dry is the way to go and you're half way to a perfect system.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store