Pictures of a 900 gallon

gavigan1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2008
arowanaville
Tenecor 900 gallon tank. Measures 96L x 60w x 30H. I'm thinking of buying it second hand from a wholesaler. I am waiting for better pics. It includes the sumps, pumps and stand for $2500. I was thnking it may be a diamond in the rough. Im dont think my wife would let me bring it in the house with that stand. Do you think being 60in wide would decrease the visibility and would thins tank make a good show tank or focal point of a home?

900 gallon tenecor.jpg

---XR---

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pa
gavigan1;1934819; said:
Tenecor 900 gallon tank. Measures 96L x 60w x 30H. I'm thinking of buying it second hand from a wholesaler. I am waiting for better pics. It includes the sumps, pumps and stand for $2500. I was thnking it may be a diamond in the rough. Im dont think my wife would let me bring it in the house with that stand. Do you think being 60in wide would decrease the visibility and would thins tank make a good show tank or focal point of a home?
price is deacent for the size of the tank, but i would defiently try haggleing a bit.

the visibility, will not be a problem as long as the water quality is kept prestine, -major filtration.

the tank would be a decent show tank after some work, the stand needs to be redone and or course the aquascapeing. but after some TLC, it would be fine. (provided you have an appropriate space to put it in.

i've been doing some reconstruction/remodeling on my house, so i think it may be hard to find a place where a 5' wide tank would look well, being that the other dimentions are what they are. If the tank was longer aswell as taller, i would consider looking into a show tank, but only if the previously stated is already in place. ie- space, and refinishing

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
if it was anywhere close to me I would have bought it already

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Best thing is to see it in person or better pics..

Looks to be a good deal. And I love the dimensions. If you intend to keep Monster size fish length x width dimensions are crucial. I say go for it if it looks good to you.

Neervana

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2008
UK
if you cleaned it up, and repainted the stand, that would look awesome! not sure if it's a good price for where you're situated, but if that was for sale in london, i'd have it sitting in my living room already!

gavigan1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2008
arowanaville
Mudfrog;1935033; said:
There is a person on here that saw it in person.. can't remember who it was but do some search's. He said it was very impressive in person.
I did some searching and could find it? It is several hours faway from me. It sure would be nice to talk to someone that actually has seen it. If anyone has seen it in person, please let me know. Thanks

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
yeah that tank was on this site a few weeks ago. i would go see it in person if i were you. IMO i would build a better stand-that one doesnt really look like it would last long term, and the overflows are like waterfalls in the corner (the water drops like a water fall the entire length of the tank)-it would be loud, you'd have to do some durso pipe stands in there to quiet it down.. but those are small changes.

it looks to be a great tank-hopefully whoever posted those original pics will see this post and help ya out!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store