Got a quote from Tenecor, question though...

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
I submitted a request for a quote on a 96x48x24 acrylic tank from Tenecor. I got the quote last night for $2310 shipped. My question is, they also included in the quote $190 per pre-filter. Exactly what are they talking about when they say "pre-filter"? Are they referring to overflows?

Either way, that seemed like a pretty good price, shipped to my door!

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Hawkfish3.0;1939653; said:
I submitted a request for a quote on a 96x48x24 acrylic tank from Tenecor. I got the quote last night for $2310 shipped. My question is, they also included in the quote $190 per pre-filter. Exactly what are they talking about when they say "pre-filter"? Are they referring to overflows?

Either way, that seemed like a pretty good price, shipped to my door!
The prefilter they refer to are the overflow boxes. That's a good deal, I'd jump on it. With the price of acrylic going up due to it being a petroleum product, it's probably not going to get any cheaper.

Something else to keep in mind, the Tenecor I bought (8x3x2) only had holes in the top for the lids and the overflow boxes. There are no slots on the back for any type of hang off stuff. If you have any hang off equipment you want to run, you'll have to get them to add holes for this.

And when they say "shipped to your door", they mean a truck will show up with a lift gate and a pallet jack and one guy. If you're lucky, he can get it close to your front door. But the policy is delivery right off the back of the truck. So be prepared with some help to get it from the street to the house.

***Edited To Add***

The standard holes and bulkheads for the drain and returns seem kind of small to me. My 350g came with 2-1" drains and 2-3/4" returns.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Thanks for the heads-up!

brianp

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2007
Fremont, CA
When the tank has arrived in your area, you will get a call from the local shipper. Have two wheeled furniture movers on hand. Ask the shipper if they are willing to not only assist in placing it on the wheeled movers, but to assist you in pushing it into your garage (if that's where you want it). Get this info in advance of delivery to your home so that you know how many other guys may be needed. I have a Tenecor tank currently sitting in San Franciso slated for delivery and they have agreed to help push it into my garage. BTW...this price sounds good and you might as well buy it now because the price of acrylic will definitely be heading north.

Finally, you MUST communicate with your Tenecor rep in advance to be sure that you get the proper configuration top on your tank. Don't take this for granted.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Good info, thanks brian.

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Al G.;1940600; said:
t ferg, How much did you pay for your tank delivered?
I'm embarrassed to say I paid about what Hawkfish3.0 did but he got a foot wider tank. This was about three months ago when I ordered mine.

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
are you guys contacting tenecor directly? ive gotten quotes locally for almost twice as much for a smaller tank, and thats not including shipping.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
dmopar74;1942090; said:
are you guys contacting tenecor directly? ive gotten quotes locally for almost twice as much for a smaller tank, and thats not including shipping.
Yep, aquariumsforyou.com. I just filled in the info regarding the tank I wanted along with some personal info, and a sales rep got me a quote within 24 hours.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
So I was talking to my girlfriend about this quote last night, and she says to me, "Why don't you just let me buy it for you?"

God, I love this girl!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store