blue electric JD

sharonka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2007
czech republic
I would like to ask about breeding pair Electric Blue JD. Will be young electric blue also, or ordinary, or in combination. Has experience with it somebody, please?

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
What?? Please clarify your original post.

You need an ebjd male and an bgjd female to successfully breed them, or you can do bg x bg. It's important not to inbreed and to buy from reputable sources.

sharonka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2007
czech republic
thefishguy7;1940733; said:
What?? Please clarify your original post.

You need an ebjd male and an bgjd female to successfully breed them, or you can do bg x bg. It's important not to inbreed and to buy from reputable sources.

Excuse me, bad day, I used machine translation :-D, bad idea....

I bought young pair blue electric JD yesterday and I would like to know, if their offspring will be electric blue or normal or mixed....they are blue electric both, male and female

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
ebjd x bgjd = 50% ebjd fry
bgjd x bgjd = 25% ebjd fry
ebjd x ebjd = no fry at all (lol)

Look through the blue dempsey forum for more info.(link bluekiller posted)

Toby_H

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
Charlotte, NC
www.allthingsdempsey.com

is another good dempsey site to read through for Blue Dempsey information...

A Blue x Blue pair can spawn and will produce 100% blue fry... but to date the only person I know of that says to have kept any alive says they were all deformed.

If you want a beautiful pair of fish and do not care about producing offspring... then a Blue x Blue pair is perfect for you...

If you wish to breed them I highly suggest reading as much as possible about them so you can make the most informed decisions as possible along the way. This color morph has experienced a lot of inbreeding and has several genetic weaknesses that need to be logically corrected in the breeding process.

In my opinion and my opinion alone, if your not going to do something to strengthen the line, then leave breeding to those who are... but by all means enjoy the fish!

Best of luck whichever direction you go with!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store