How to fix Ehiem pro 2

squirt2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
MA
I've got this pro 2 2028 filter I haven't used since it first broke on me (the shut off connection snapped like a twig when trying to take the tubing off ) and now the prime button won't operate. What pieces do I need to get to fix this? I'm ok now because I've got xp3s (so awesome ) one but if I want to use this again down the road it needs to be fixed. I've taken the head apart and tried loosening the screws but that didn't work. Anyone fix this before?
I also have a cascade with the same problem.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

Is it maybe still under warranty? Or call Eheim and ask how much it'd be if you send it in.

HarleyK

squirt2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
MA
nah, it's way past warranty. i don't reckon i want to pay the shipping to fix it. thanks though.

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
Can you show some pics of this? I have a 2026 and I never use the prime button because it doesn't work very well. I know you can lubricate this to remove friction and get it pumping smoothly but as long as I have enough water in the intake tube I don't need it. The Shutoff connection is part of the Pump Head and is very expensive so you would be better off buying another XP3. I love my Eheim but I'm also a big fan of Fluval and Cascade where the shutoff assembly is separate and easy to replace. I've never heard of the shutoff assembly on an Eheim Pro breaking...are you Conan the Barbarian?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
You may check with eheim still, it usually isn't too expensive for the fix + shipping.

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
Bottom line: if the shutoff assembly on a 2028 is busted, you must replace the $150 Pump Head. You can get a new Xp3 for around that price. I would say get a new Xp3 But it's a tough call because the Eheim 2028 is a great filter too.

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
Yes, pictures would be helpful.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store