Fluval 405 Question

jgeorge

Feeder Fish
Mar 23, 2008
Pennsylvania
I just finished installing a Fluval 405 in my 75G. It's my first canister filter, I've been using over the backs before. My question is on the output side. The output connector sticks out really far. I used the clamp connectors and put the suction cups on and I left about 4" on the hose. I placed the output connected on and it sticks out really far. I also cant seem to get the connector straight. It also creates large waves. Has anyone else ever have this problem? Is there another kind of output connector that could be used in place of the one that came with the filter?

pdsmith

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2008
buffalo
how deep in the tank is the actual output part? mine is about 4-5 inchs below the surface and sticks out a total of 3 inches or so. you could always modify another suction cup to hold it closer back to the tank. like the one that holds the intake back. as far as the wave goes, is it created by the movement of the output?

jgeorge

Feeder Fish
Mar 23, 2008
Pennsylvania
I never thought about adding a suction cup to the output. It's about 3-4" below the water level. I probably have enough slack in the hose that I could lower the output port further down. Yes, the wave is created from the output. It shoots the water straight across the tank up to the front, 18". I thought this was a bit excessive is all, if its normal then ok.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store