C360

cichlids4me

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Pageland, SC
My Marineland C-360 is 2 months old. I took it apart to clean it this weekend and now it leaks!:irked: Up until this point it has never done this. I took it back apart and the O-ring seems to be fine and I didn't see any cracking but still it leaks. Any suggestions or anyone here dealt with this on this particular canister?

It starts back up fine after it primes and runs for about 15-20 minutes before it starts leaking. The leak is coming out from under the handle.

HPIM1481.JPG

FishGoneWild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
32 Polypterus Way, Africa
Take the pump out and make sure the O ring on the pump head is in there snug tight. They slowly put the pump head back on. Do not try to force it into the canister!!! If it still fails then call Marineland to let them know. A member here got a new unit from Marineland for a leaking issue. I had one running for a few weeks without any issue. Then I sold it to a member on MFK here and after 5 months of operation he reported the canister is leaking.

cichlids4me

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Pageland, SC
I contacted Marineland and they said that the leaking is actually caused by a problem with the valve block. Anyway they sent me a brand new filter. Great service. I had the new unit about 1 week after I first contacted them.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Sign of a good company, owning up to whats wrong, and fixing it fast. Good to hear everything worked out for you.

cichlids4me

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Pageland, SC
Update.....My wife wakes me up this morning and tells me that the new filter is now leaking in the same place that the old one was!!! The entire bottom of my 125 stand was flooded. I think I am done with the Marineland Canisters!! This one barely even lasted 3 weeks.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, that sucks! I was wonder if the Marineland canisters were any good too.

demillso

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Illinois
Hey all- I too have had some problems with the C360. My first one was spewing bursts of tiny bubbles. Like every five or ten minutes or so a huge cloud of bubbles would come out. After talking to them they sent me a whole new set of seals. Didn't fix the problem. Then they sent me a whole new filter. The new one does the same thing. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution? Thanks!

davcheng

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
virginia
My C-160 does that occasionally, but I just let it run until its done with the bubbles. It hasn't done that in a while, so time might be the cure.

cichlids4me

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
Pageland, SC
Mine isn't spewing bubbles. There is a constant flow from underneath the buckles. I contacted them again and they are sending yet another unit and want the old one back to check it out. The first one ran fine for 2 months until I serviced it and the last one only lasted about 2-3 weeks. I followed the instructions on the DVD to the letter on this last one just to make sure it wasn't user error but to no avail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store