Wet/Dry Sump photos

Alan Russell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2008
Northeast Georgia
Here is mine. Certainly not as fancy as some you will see on here, but I like it.
It's a 50g sump filtering my 220g tank. It is fed by 2 1 inch drilled holes.

Only one of these massive pumps run it at the moment. As you can see the valve on one is shut off. I have a 4ft UV filter that I will hook up to the other one of these days and add some extra jets to the tank.
The cat is my wife's. He doesn't really do anything for filtration. His job is mainly to be in my way and get on my nerves. I must say, he's good at what he does.

Last, but not least (to me anyway) I have it pumped through a secondary filter before being returned to the tank by the jets to catch any fine particles that the sump may miss.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
first attempt at the DIY wet/dry (sump ended up failing):

a shot of the plumbing (still the same):

A shot of my overflows now:

shot of new, bet DIY wet/dry w/ same plumbing:

mwilson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
maryland
on the last pic could you post a pic of the top of the setup. i'm curious about how you plumbed your overflows into the tupperwear container. thanks. i'm planning on doing something similar with mine.

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
I dont have one but it is just like this pic:

I just have the 45* elbows at the top of the bio tower and flow right into the top w/ the polly fiber then to the drip try. They arent acctually connected to the bio tower, they just sit above.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store