How to STOP the loud noise from water on overflow??

idle0095

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Manchester, NH
The water comeing down the overflow is very loud. How do I stop it? Should I add a bigger pipe for the intake in the overflow so the water level gets higer in the tank? any other way besides that?

idle0095

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Manchester, NH
i just dont have the stuff to do it and to be honest dont want to take it all apart to change the pipe. so what shoudl i do? whats filter floss or scrubbies?

slowef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2008
Destin, FL
www.myspace.com
Maybe you could try packing the pipe with something to keep it from pouring down and make it more of a drain... the only concern would be blocking the flow too much... ideas... hmmm, lets brainstorm here.

idle0095

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Manchester, NH
its not the pipe its the water flowing down the side of the overflow about 14" or so. its flowing down the overflow then hitting thewater right at were the pipe is. so the splash sound fromt hat i would liek to stop.

slowef

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2008
Destin, FL
www.myspace.com
Oh... can you make a slide for the water?? like a piece of plastic sheet or something?? Try to reduce the distance the water's falling... Am i way off base here? It seems like this would be a rather easy fix...

idle0095

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Manchester, NH
ya that seems like it would work. i just need to stop it from flowing down the side of the overflow. the water is falling about 14" unti it hits the water at the bottom of the over flow. just something to stop it from slashing and making that water sound.

idle0095

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Manchester, NH
ya im gonna have to get a piece of filter pad and place that rightat the water level.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store