I upgraded. Yay.

>:(

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Elsinore
Ok, so a while ago I started a small ten gallon saltwater tank with plans to upgrade if things went well. After a some setbacks (halo elite invasion, tiny coral-eating starfish, aiptasia, to name a few) I made the move up to a 20 gallon high today. I bet no one believed me when I said I'd do it when the time was right.

It's not very big, but my black clown goby, three hermits and four snails are loving it. The water's a little foggy from the sand, but things look nice so far. Nice but empty. I need more live rock, but I have 20 pounds of sand, ten new and ten from the old tank. Since the pesky starfish murdered all my coral, it's FOWLR for now. I want to get better lighting before I get corals. Still wondering how to stock it, though.

I did goof, though, and accidentally grabbed a 30 inch glass top instead of a 24 inch one because it was in with the 24 inch ones. So, not only did I pay more than I needed to for it, it's the wrong size and I opened it and cut the plastic without realizing.:duh: It stinks, but hey. Anyone want to trade for something? lol

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
just stick it back in the box and return it... what did you get it from petsmart? they don't even check the box.. at least around here.. i almost bought an empty box once cause i was checking to see if the light was a straight or square pin.. some guy lifted a 36'' PC fixture clean out of the box!!!!

ANYway...

20 high? what is that 24''x12''?

an ok size.. you could do a few things with that..
cherub angel
clownfish
sand or shrimp goby
jawfish
damsels
cardinalfish
firefish
grammas

not all of em, of course

>:(

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Elsinore
I guess I could put it back in the box and take it back to Petco, but that seems kinda mean lol. But it is their fault for not properly recovering their store. I mean, what, they expect me to read the box? Jeez.

The tank is 24"x12". I never even thought of doing clown fish, but the store had ridiculously cute maroon clowns in today. My internet's acting up, but I intend to do some research and find some cool, small reef safe fish. I'll start with the ones you mentioned. Thanks.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
yeah marroons are a little too large for a 20G.. but the occelarus or perculas would work fine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store